Favorite Posts

Friday, August 16, 2013

Little Mermaid Birthday Party

For Charlotte's 4th birthday she requested an Ariel party. My good friend Christina helped me a lot! We used the Disney Dreams Come True Cricut cartridge to make the invitations, favors, cake topper, and banner.
I was so excited when I found Little Mermaid puzzles at the Dollar Store. To dress them up I attached a piece of textured cardstock to the box. We made the tags using the charm feature on the cartridge.
I got the idea for the sea grass background from Delia Creates under the sea birthday party.
I just loved the adorable octopus dip at Denna's Ideas mermaid party. When I showed my Mother-In-Law she said she had to make it :)
The pearly bite clam cookies were a big hit and really fun to make. I used Pepperidge Farm lemon cookies because they looked like shells. For the eyes I used Wilton's candy eyes.
My Mother-In-Law makes the cutest cupcakes!
I made an ombre petal cake. I love the way it turned out! The tutorial from the Hungry Housewife is fantastic. I had some shimmer cardstock from Bazzill that we used for Ariel's dress. I glued her and Sebastian on lollipop sticks for the cake topper.
This was one very happy birthday girl!!!

The Ariel gown I made using the Simplicity pattern below. For the fabric I used Kona cotton. It is so soft and doesn't wrinkle easily. I also used the Snow White sleeves on the Ariel dress and hand sewed on the beaded trim. I planned on making long sleeves with points at the wrist that would snap in but never got around to it. We live in Florida so I didn't want to commit to a long sleeve dress. We purchased the broach from Princess Cameos.

6 comments:

  1. I love the octopus dip! So clever! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I got the idea from http://dennasideas.com. She did an adorable mermaid party.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Mermaid party turned out Swimmingly Sweet Amber!! Great job! I think it's such a fun theme, so many things you can do. I love how the clamshell cookies look! Thanks for linking up to our mermaid party :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes you may pin the photos you like :) Thanks for asking!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A wonderful post on birthday party! Mermaid activities are my daughter’s favorite. We had a grand mermaid party on her 6th birthday! She really loved the theme. We had booked one of popular venues in Houston for party.

    ReplyDelete