Favorite Posts

Thursday, October 3, 2013

Sofia the First Birthday Party

Yay! I turned 2 and got to be a princess for the day :)
I spent way too much time making this invite...lol. I couldn't find any Sofia images that were large enough on a transparent background. I ended up having to digitally cut her out (so not fun). Luckily, I found the birds already done, because otherwise they wouldn't of been on the invite ;) The background digital paper and the textured digital paper in the frame is from Just Jaimee, I just changed the color to what I needed. The Evelyn the First uses Freebooter Script font, the date, address, and regrets uses Ebrima font, and bring your bathing suit uses Gabriola font.
I loved using the plastic wine glasses for fruit! They turned out really cute. My Mother-in-law used a mini heart and flower cookie cutter to shape some of the melon. I really scored on the material that I used for the background. I only paid about $3 for it!
I found a picture on my phone of a close-up picture of the popcorn cups. I took regular paper cups and dressed them up with crepe paper roses, paper butterflies, and ruffled crepe paper. To make the roses I used this tutorial.
 The cupcake stand was from Oriental Trading. It's made out of styrofoam but I think it looked fine once I attached the satin ribbon on the sides.
My Mother-in-law made the cute tiara cookies. I couldn't find sprinkles that are peanut free so I colored some organic sugar. I mixed a few drops Americolor gel food coloring and a tiny bit of water in a small bowl. Then I put some sugar in a ziploc freezer bag, added the watered down food coloring, sealed the bag, and shook it like crazy. I found that the food coloring would turn into small balls. To break them up, I used my fingers on the outside of the bag and then shook it some more. Once I achieved the color that I wanted I spread the sugar on a paper plate (or 2) and let air dry for a few hours. The cookie cutter and Americolor I bought from the Cookie Cutter Shop. I have found them to have great prices, reasonable shipping, and fast shipping.

The pretzel rods are just dipped in melted white chocolate chips (Target brand didn't have a peanut warning) and then sprinkled with my homemade colored sugar.
I made two cupcake bouquets. I had found a great tutorial on a better way to do them so that they are nice and sturdy. You use 2oz plastic cups. I found a bag of them for super cheap at Walmart.
Of course a Sofia party would not be complete without Amulet of Avalor necklaces! I used stretch cord with acrylic beads to make the necklaces. I knew I had to have something for the boys so I made them some beaded bracelets as well. I matched the tags to the invitations. The font used is Great Vibes.
For crafts I had the kids decorate foam tiaras and/or gold paper crowns with self adhesive gems. I bought the supplies from Oriental Trading. They also got to color Sofia the First pages with crayons. After cupcakes we all went swimming :)

No comments:

Post a Comment