Favorite Posts

Thursday, November 6, 2008

Meet Charlotte Amelia

She is finally here! On Monday the 27th they induced me at 8am, at 4pm the harder contractions started and so did severe back labor. We tried every possible position to get her to turn. It got so bad that the back labor wasn't letting up between contractions. I finally let my doctor talk me into an epidural around 4am because my doula and Richie encouraged it since I had lost of my sense of humor and was really having a hard time not breaking down. I got a few hours of sleep and then woke up and pushed for an hour. She had turned half way out of the bad position and there was a chance I could birth her without a cesarean. I had them back off the epidural and pushed again for another hour but she turned and the back labor came back. They had to do a cesarean after all. I was so disappointed and scared but in the end it all didn't matter when I finally got to hold and feed her. I was in the hospital for 5 days which sucked. Over the last two days I can finally move around without much pain. She is eating good and gaining weight rapidly so at least I'm able to breastfeed. She keeps me up all night. She just wants to be held and screams when you try to put her down. I'm functioning on 3 hours of very broken sleep each night. Even in the hospital I couldn't get any sleep unless I would feed her and send her to the nursery until she was hungry again. I ended up doing that just about every night around 4am or 5am so I could get a 2 hour nap. I'm trying to train myself to sleep during the day but find I get restless. I would trade sleep any day for this little one...we love her so very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment