Favorite Posts

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Breakfast Burrito

There was a morning after Charlotte was born that I was trying to find something to eat for breakfast. I went through the fridge and pantry and came up with this simple breakfast burrito. It was so yummy and since then I have been making them pretty often.

Simple Breakfast Burrito
2 eggs
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
1 tbsp chopped cilantro
a dash of salt
a dash of pepper
1 tortilla (I like the sundried tomato ones)
3 tbsp canned rinsed black beans
a small handful chopped tomatoes
a small handful fresh baby spinach leaves
3 tbsp salsa

Scramble the eggs with the red pepper flakes, cilantro, salt and pepper. Sometimes I will add some turkey bacon or lunch meat to the eggs. On the tortilla put the scrambled eggs, black beans, tomatoes, spinach leaves, and salsa. Fold the ends up first and then the sides.

This would be really tasty if you added a little milk and some cheese to the eggs but since I'm still on the dairy free diet I can't :(

No comments:

Post a Comment