Favorite Posts

Saturday, May 30, 2009

This is How She Rides

I've been working on this page for way too long. I didn't have the right letters for my title but on Thursday I went to Viera to Michaels craft store and found some I liked.

I found that I haven't been scrapbooking because I was trying too hard to mimic the style I kept seeing on peoples blogs and in the magazines. I love the way all the layering looks but really I'm not that good at it. On Wednesdays Ali Edwards has a giveaway on her blog and she always asks you a question or your advice and you comment your answer for an entry in her giveaway. This week she wanted you to share your best advice for a new scrapbooker. After I submitted my advice I was reading through what some other people shared and came across some great advice for anyone. Someone said to not feel like you need to compete with the pages in the magazines or with others. Is this what I was doing? Well not anymore. I will still admire other peoples work but make my pages my own and remember why I enjoyed scrapbooking in the first place.

4 comments:

  1. AnonymousJune 04, 2009

    I think your page looks wonderful, and I can totally relate to your frustration! Your observation just made me realize that I am doing exactly the same thing... even when I should know better. So thanks!

    Hope you win Ali's prize :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your welcome ;)

    I didn't win but that's o.k.

    ReplyDelete
  3. such an adorable page and love the baby wearing

    ReplyDelete