Favorite Posts

Monday, June 13, 2011

Summer Wants

In The Sun's prompt 3 was "I want my Summer to be full of...". You are also to use a picture of one of the things you list. I had a picture of Charlotte laughing and really wanted to use it. The picture is fuzzy so I thought it would be fun to make it into a fake ttv. I used this ttv layer I found on Flickr to make my photo. For my background, I gessoed my page, added blots of watercolor, and blew on the blots to make them run. For the journaling strips, I wrote on purple tissue paper and glued them down with Modge Podge. I have 6 rolls of washi tape but none of them were the right color for my journaling strips, and I remembered that last week Natty had posted a technique with tissue paper. I've used tissue paper with Modge Podge in the past and always liked the results, so I thought I would give it another go.

2 comments:

  1. The purple tissue paper looks like watercolor...very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I was so nervous using it for the journaling strips but they did blend right in.

    ReplyDelete