Favorite Posts

Friday, September 27, 2013

New Chapter

It has been so long since I have done any art journaling. I really haven't had the time! Most of my free time has gone into crafts with the kids, and preparing for their birthday parties. I was itching to play and now I've got the bug again ;) I figured I would have to make a new starting page since it had been sooooo long. I painted the background with acrylic paint. After it dried I used a piece of large hole punchella as a stencil. First layer was white gesso. Second layer was Tim Holtz Adirondack Color Wash spray.
My kids washable Crayola crayons were all over the floor so I decided to use them. I sprayed over the top with Tim Holtz Adirondack Color Wash. I really love that stuff! The crayon bled a little from the liquid but I still like the effect.
 
This old photograph was sent to me in a swap a very long time ago. I've horded it for years but finally decided to use it. The edge was starting to peel away so I put a thin layer of Mod Podge Matte over it to seal it. I hand cut the letters with an Xacto knife and inked the edges.

No comments:

Post a Comment