Favorite Posts

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Rushing and I cooked!!!

We are trying to get the nursery ready. The carpet is getting installed Thursday morning so Richie is rushing to repaint the ceiling and baseboards. We bought the VOC free paint and primer...boy was that a quick $70. Monday night he noticed two cracks in the plaster ceiling that ran the width of the room. It looked as if the plaster and some paint was starting to flake and fall down. Our house was built in 1959 and definitely has had lead paint used so he spent all night Monday repairing the cracks. Today he is priming the ceiling so that way he can paint it along with the baseboards tomorrow. Hopefully everything will be dried and ready for the carpet guy on Thursday.

I'm so proud...I made dinner tonight and everything turned out great. It was an easy dinner but still it was successful. I pan fried perogies & topped with salsa, steamed fresh asparagus & added a little butter with some salt and pepper, and I made a salad. I was so happy that the asparagus turned out perfectly and everything was ready at the same time (well almost). I suck, suck, suck at cooking. No kidding, I can burn pasta. I have ruined pans in the past. My husband usually wont let me near "his" kitchen but I do need to learn and he is busy with the nursery. Yesterday we did takeout and tonight I cooked without burning or destroying something. I need to come up with a menu for tomorrow. I will let you guys know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment