Favorite Posts

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

I love you Mom-Mom

My Mom-Mom passed away today. She had a heart attack last week and has been in ICU since. She had moved to Oklahoma to stay with my Uncle Jim in January. I have been sick for over a week now so I wasn't able to fly out to see her before she died. This is a photo of the last time I saw her. At least my last memory of her is happy and of her adoring Charlotte. When I was young I spent every day after school with her making wedding cakes or sewing clothes for me or my dolls. Every Christmas her and I would make huge batches of ribbon candy. Blackberries used to grow on her fence and I would go pick them and she would make me little personal pies. I have a lot of really good memories growing up with my Mom-mom.

2 comments:

  1. I'm late her, but I'm sorry for your loss, Amber.

    Your words help the world know that Mom-Mom was a wonderful person who leaves a big absence.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the lovely comment

    ReplyDelete