Favorite Posts

Friday, October 15, 2010

what I've made in the last month

Right now I'm working on Charlotte's Halloween costume. She is going to be Abby Cadabby from Sesame Street. I made her a tutu yesterday and Richie cut out some wings from clear gallon sized plastic jugs. I'm not sure how we are going to tint them pink yet but I'm going to so some experimenting to see what works. If the wings turn out cute then I'm thinking about making a tutorial on how to make them.
I was feeling really down last month and in a creative slump (not an unusual thing for me lately). I stumbled across Gary Reef's foil technique on YouTube and he totally inspired me to get off my butt and make something. I didn't have any bitumen or shoe polish so I used black Jacquard Neopaque paint and wiped it off immediately. I think it would have looked better if I had used what he suggested but I'm still really happy with the finished ATC. I also ended up joining Gary Reef's mixed media social networking site Loving Mixed Media and have found lots of cool techniques and met some really awesome people. I've always wanted to get into doing mixed media paintings but just never went for it. At the end of last month I finished this 4x6 butterfly mixed media painting on canvas board. I'm not so sure how I feel about it yet but I'm happy I finally got up the courage to do it. I'm thinking I will probably mail it to someone as a postcard. Not sure if anyone would want to receive it. If you would like it then let me know and I will send it your way :)
So I've been wanting to play with spray ink and finally broke down and ordered some Tim Holtz Adirondack Color Wash and some Tim Holtz Mini-Masks. Got my package last week in the mail and the other day I got the chance to play with them. I used wild plum for this page. I sprayed a little too heavy and decided to pick up the page to get some drips. I wasn't happy with the bottom of the page but liked the top a lot. I got a little bit of overspray on the counter and while I was cleaning it off with bleach I thought let's see what it will do on my page. I love the result! I used this free Campanile font.
I did this doodle back in 2007 when I first bought this sketchbook that I've only doodled in 6 times. I always wanted to put my name in the cover but never got around to it until yesterday. Using this free Rosebud Antique font I printed out my name on white cardstock. Then cut the letters out with an X-Acto knife and glued them down. Not sure what I'm going to start using this book for but I clearly don't doodle very often...lol.
My Aunt sent me a box full of Stampin' Up stamps so I naturally had to make her a thank you card using one of the sets. This is made using the Best Blossoms set.

No comments:

Post a Comment