Favorite Posts

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Hello Summer

Natalie Malik has created a free follow-along art journaling course called In The Sun. Her Awkward & Beautiful blog is one of my favorites! I'm very excited to be following along with her new course. The first prompt was to create an introduction. I made the Hello Summer 2011 paper with this Hawaii Lover font, and this brush pack from solenero73. After printing it, I colored in the center of the flowers with a marker, and then dabbed with some glitter glue. The rest of my supplies were, acrylic paint, butterflies punched out of a catalog, and BasicGrey Urban Prairie papers.

I spent all of my crafting time yesterday creating this journal page, so I wasn't able to make an index card.

4 comments:

  1. AnonymousJune 12, 2011

    Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. all of your index cards and in the sun artworks are beautiful! I like the little index card book idea. I was kind of not interested in the index card challenge, because I wanted to create something more substantial, but the book format seems perfect! When it's all done, you'll have a nice little book of art journaling. Maybe I will join in with that format. I came across your blog through the in the sun blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Marcia,
    The index cards are pretty fun. Since they are small, it doesn't take a lot of time to make one. Thanks for your nice comment :)

    ReplyDelete