Favorite Posts

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Summer Date Ideas

For In The Sun's prompt "Summer Date Ideas". Natty asked you to try cutting out a different shape and use it as your journaling spot. I thought feathers would be fun, and it looks like we are wearing a headdress...lol. I didn't feel like laying down any gesso, so I used a piece of scalloped card stock for a mask, sprayed some Adirondack Color Wash spray in Stream, painted it with some water, and blotted it up with a paper towel. The paper towel had been used before to blot other colors of the spray, and once it got wet it started to leave behind those colors. I love the look! I sprayed the paper towel with a little water, and blotted it over the white to get some colored texture. For the feathers, I sketched them on some paper, lightly misted with Adirondack Color Wash spray (in Butterscotch, Plum, and Lettuce), painted them with some water, colored the shaft with white pen, and cut them out. The wood grain was stamped on a piece of packaging plastic using StazOn ink. Other supplies are BasicGrey scrapbook paper and some washi tape.

2 comments:

  1. Nice picture of the two of you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was from 2007 but it's one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete